Tina Brown and Simon Schama on the royal family
We’ll send you a myFT Daily Digest email rounding up the latest FT Weekend podcast news every morning.
This weekend, we're marking the Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a spirited discussion on what’s next for the Windsors. Tina Brown, author The Palace Papers, speaks with historian Simon Schama and HTSI editor Jo Ellison about the state of the royal family. As Britain celebrates 70 years of Elizabeth II on the crown, what will the royal family look like over the next decade? We bring you this conversation from the recent US FT Weekend festival stage.
Links and mentions from the episode:
– FT interview with Tina Brown, by Andrew Edgecliffe-Johnson: ‘Nobody is remotely real around royals’ https://on-ft-com.ezproxy.cul.columbia.edu/3v19UqW
– Tina’s new book is called The Palace Papers: Inside the House of Windsor--the Truth and the Turmoil
– You can watch the full interview with Tina, Jo and Simon by buying an on-demand pass to the FT Weekend festival: https://usftweekendfestival-live-ft-com.ezproxy.cul.columbia.edu/page/2064102/program
A few more great FT Weekend pieces on the Jubilee:
– Simon Okotie: ‘Why, after all, I will celebrate the Jubilee’ https://on-ft-com.ezproxy.cul.columbia.edu/3xfTj3I
– Sarfraz Manzoor: ‘A constant Queen for a changing realm’ https://on-ft-com.ezproxy.cul.columbia.edu/3zhkooK
– Nilanjana Roy: ‘Elizabeth in India: the steel beneath the hats’ https://on-ft-com.ezproxy.cul.columbia.edu/38L5P1G
Special offers for Weekend listeners, from 50% off a digital subscription to a $1/£1/€1 trial are here: http://ft.com.ezproxy.cul.columbia.edu/weekendpodcast.
If you have an iPhone and want to try FT Edit (eight pieces of journalism a day, handpicked by senior editors, for much less than an FT subscription), search ‘FT Edit’ in the App Store.
Original music by Metaphor Music. Mixing and sound design by Breen Turner and Sam Giovinco.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.